Positive Coaching Alliance provides an online workshop for parents. By using the pro connect sports portal, parents save $5.
The online workshop takes parents on an journey through some important details that the parents in the club should know. This online learning experience provides parents with an understanding of how to best support their child, the coach, and the club.
Next - a review of some of the key "laws" of the game so that parents on your touch line are educated in the major components of soccer such as "advantage", hand ball, and the offside rule. The objective of this workshop is to create a very supportive parent core that will work to focus on their role and allow coaches to focus on theirs.
Before it concludes, they discuss the U.S. Soccer / U.S. Youth Soccer updates about heading the ball, birth-year age groupings and the focus on small-sided games. Let us do some of the heavy lifting with regards to explaining these and justifying the changes.
Workshop content is based on industry research, studies and psychology. Workshop includes a final quiz and a Certificate of Completion, as well as a 90-day "check-in" email to all who take the workshop and leave-behind tools!
Instructions to give parents to purchase and view the workshop:
- Visit www.proconnectsports.net
- Click on Store
- Place parents workshop in shopping cart (called “Parent Development: An Online Workshop for Parents”)
- Create account as directed
- Complete fields as requested
- On payment page, enter “FHFC” into the field titled “Promotions and Coupon Codes” and click Apply Coupon
- Once transaction is complete – click on Courses and you’ll see it there!